Tax Enquiries - Everyone is at risk
Anyone who sends in a tax return or business accounts to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is at risk of a tax enquiry or inspection. Thousands of individuals and businesses are selected for such checks every year.
If it happens to you, the questions will be detailed and time consuming to answer. Even if HMRC do not find any extra tax to pay, the costs to defend you could be substantial and can easily amount to hundreds or thousands of £'s.
Most accountant’s normal annual fees do not cover the additional professional costs of handling tax enquiries and compliance checks. You can obtain protection against the potentially high costs of such fees simply and inexpensively by subscribing to our Tax Fee Protection (TFP) service.
Follow our step by step guide below to find out more.
What does it cover?
This service includes professional fees for defending clients in the following HM Revenue & Customs tax enquiries, compliance checks or inspections:
- Corporation Tax and Income Tax full or aspect enquiries
- PAYE/NIC compliance checks
- IR35/Employment Status/CIS enquiries and disputes
- VAT compliance checks
- Business record checks, inspections and interventions under HMRC’s Information & Inspection Powers at Schedule 36 FA 2008
- Inheritance tax / Probate return enquiries
- Stamp Duty and Stamp Duty Land Tax Enquiries
- National Minimum Wage / National Living Wage enquiries
- Child tax credit enquiries
- Student Loan enquiries
- Gift Aid enquiries
- Companies House confirmation statement enquiries
- Enquiries into Scottish taxes
The Summary of Service gives more detail of what is included within the service and can be downloaded via the link below.
When purchasing a product from our shop you will be first asked to register for an account. Once you have completed our on-line application form and made payment you will be able to log into your account to view your policy documents or product information.